Monday, February 16, 2015

Wild Wood Bakehouse: A Gluten Free Experience

Out of all the restaurants I visited while in Austin, my clear winner for a favorite is Wild Wood Bakehouse. Unlike all the others, Wild Wood Bakehouse is a 100% gluten free restaurant. It's amazing the feeling you get when you can order absolutely anything off of a restaurant menu. There are so many choices!
The first thing I ordered was the onion rings. 

I love onion rings, and I can honestly say that these are the best ones I have ever had. They were crispy, and the breading did not fall off the onion rings when you broke them apart.
The next thing I ordered was the chicken strips and sweet potato chips. If you've read my other posts, you're probably wondering what this crazy girls fascination with sweet potatoes is. The simple answer is they're delicious. 

As you can see, the chicken strips were huge! They were crispy, well seasoned, and the chicken was very moist.
By now, you knoww what comes next... dessert! Being a lover of coffee, I ordered the tiramasu.

This dessert was everything it should be. It was a velvety cake soaked in coffee with a sweet cream frosting. The only downside was that I couldn't eat it all. 
This was my favorite restaurant out of all of the ones I visited in Austin. I will certainly visit there again. To check out their menu, go to http://www.wildwoodbakehouse.com/food/.

No comments:

Post a Comment